Naruto Den
Naruto Den
Naruto Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Den

HomeChatLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello Memmbers, Naruto Den has went under slight construction and has added a few new things, if you click portal, you will be able to download Naruto Sound Tracks; also the Chat system can be found there. Now, a few more additions will be added in the coming year, I hope to see this site active. I would like to start an advertisement, which ever member successfully brings aboard 10 new members will receive 10000 Ryo. All members have the ability to edit their money system, but it is the Kage/S-rank's job to monitor that none of their members cheat points, if stolen points are found out the system will vanish. Thank you - Admin Team
Featuring
Member of the Month

~~~

RP Character of the Month

~~~

Forum Management
Torchwood Miracle Day Venfinishedpin

Torchwood Miracle Day Kasumifinishedpin

Torchwood Miracle Day Gonzofinishedpin
Village Leaders
Konohagakure:
Kage: Ven
Jounin Commander: Panikoskun

Kumogakure
Kage:Dowmone
Jounin Commander: TobiRikudou

Kirigakure
Kage: Kasumi
Jounin Commander: Koko

Sunagakure:
Kage: Moodz
Jounin Commander: ---

Iwagakure:
Kage: Asano
Jounin Commander: V

Otogakure:
Kage: ---
Jounin Commander: ---
Latest topics
» Chapter 559!
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:56 am by MGB2000X

» Rinnegan and Sharingan from the Juubi
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 am by MGB2000X

» Testing forum posts
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:50 pm by Abyss

» Please change the background of menu bar.
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:47 pm by Abyss

» Song of the Day (Oldies)
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:26 pm by Abyss

» Battle Of Deh Genders
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:25 pm by Abyss

» Live-action-film
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:38 am by panikoskun

» The Otogakure Kag
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:25 am by Siari

» Some questions
Torchwood Miracle Day EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 pm by Abyss

Forum Button
Torchwood Miracle Day NDbuttonfinal
Affiliates
Torchwood Miracle Day AnimeHeroesAffiliate
Find us on Facebook
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Naruto Den on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Naruto Den on your social bookmarking website

Torchwood Miracle Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
panikoskun

panikoskun

Ninja Info Card
Ryo Counter:
Element(s): Fuuton and Suiton
Kekkei Genkai:

Torchwood Miracle Day Empty
PostSubject: Torchwood Miracle Day   Torchwood Miracle Day EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:35 am

Torchwood Miracle Day Torchwood-miracle-day-logo

Torchwood: Miracle Day (previously titled Torchwood: The New World) is the title of the fourth series of the British science fiction television series Torchwood, a spin-off from the long-running show Doctor Who. The series, a co-production of the BBC's drama production house BBC Cymru Wales, its international arm BBC Worldwide and US premium network Starz, is expected to be broadcast over ten episodes in mid-2011. Most of the filming is taking place in Los Angeles, California with two weeks being shot in Wales.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchwood:_Miracle_Day

Torchwood: Miracle Day follows in the same story footsteps as season three's five-part Torchwood: Children of Earth. Gone are the stand-alone single episode stories, replaced with a single storyline that will begin and resolve itself by the end of the season. Another similar meme shared by Children of Earth and Miracle Day is the big, global threat that only Torchwood can combat. In the case of Miracle Day, it's the fact that, one day, nobody dies on our planet. And it stays that way.

"It's as simple as this: that one day on Earth no one dies. Not a single person on Earth dies," said Davies to the assembled reporters. "The next day no one dies. The next day no one dies, and on and on and on."
While at first blush it seems like a wonderful thing for death to suddenly disappear from the planet, soon the problems begin to manifest across the globe." It's great news for some people, but globally it's an instant overnight population boom," Davies went on to explain. "The Earth relies on people dying. That's how the whole system works. The food, the room, the temperature. Suddenly you've got a crisis affecting everyone on the planet, and that's where the Torchwood team and our brand-new characters come in."

Its said that in four months time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this cant be a natural event someones got to be behind it. Its a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking What is Torchwood?", hes drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.

Source: http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/news....cle-day
Source: http://torchwood-fansite.blogspot.com/2011....is.html

Russell T Davies on Torchwood

Davies said, "It's brilliant to return to Torchwood - in a way, for me, Torchwood never went away because it always lives in my head, really. The chance to take those characters, take Eve Myles's character, Gwen Cooper, and, obviously, Captain Jack, played by John Barrowman. It's their fourth year of stories now. It's kind of like they have become modern legends. I love that."

He went back over the premise of this new Torchwood run, that basically nobody on Earth can die, and then hinted that his longer term future may be away from science fiction. "Personally I think I'm coming to the end of it now and I've saved the world and blown up the world too many times, and I hope I leave Torchwood in good health, and then I'll probably move onto something else then."

Nothing's been said about Torchwood post-Miracle Day thus far, and it'd be interesting to see whether Davies always keeps some kind of watchful eye over it, or eventually makes a complete cut. In the interview, he talks about other writers coming in to the show with real enthusiasm, and it might just be that he's got a few more ideas up his sleeve that he wants to progress, now that he's residing full time in Los Angeles.

New Cast Members

ER and Lie To Me star Mekhi Phifer will play Rex Matheson, a C.I.A. operative who joins forces with Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper to fight a global conspiracy that reaches from Washington to Wales and the slums of Shanghai whilst Bill Pullman, best known for his big screen roles such as While You Were Sleeping and Independence Day will take on the role of Oswald Danes, a convicted child killer who survives his own execution to become the most infamous man on the planet.

Also making their Torchwood debuts are Alexa Havins as Esther Drummond, a deskbound C.I.A employee who dreams of active duty and who suddenly finds herself running alongside Jack, Gwen and Rex; and Arlene Tur as Dr Vera Juarez, a Washington D.C. surgeon, who ends up on the frontline of medical care on "Miracle Day" advising the government think-tanks on the best course of action for the world's population.

source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressof....t.shtml

The Torchwood: Miracle Day family just keeps getting bigger. As we previously shared before the New Year, well-known Hollywood vets like Bill Pullman and Mekhi Phifer have signed on, while Alexa Havens (All My Children) and Dichen Lachman (Dollhouse) were added to the sci-fi show's roster prior to the cast's return to the set earlier this month. But according to Digital Spy via Spotlight, Torchwood mainstays John Barrowman and Eve Myles, a.k.a. Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper, will soon meet another bunch of newcomers.

Welsh-born TV actor William Thomas - whose resume includes stints on Doctor Who and Gavin & Stacey - will finally reprise his role as Geraint Cooper, Gwen's Dad. He first appeared on Torchwood back in 2007. The lovely Lena Kaur, formerly of the British soap opera Hollyoaks, will star as Dr. Alicia Patel. Danny Szam (Skins, Casualty) has been cast as "Surveillance" (whatever that means?), while Daniel Adegboyega (Spooks) will portray "an unnamed guard". The fourth season of Torchwood, as seen on BBC America, is slated to premiere on Starz in the U.S. this summer.

Source: http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/angloph....ay-cast

The cast of Torchwood: Miracle Day also adds Jurassic Park and Seinfeld alumnus, Mr Wayne Knight

Source: http://www.denofgeek.com/televis....ay.html

Now on to the topic. After watching the first two episodes I got to say that this season is by far the best one yet.

The addition of Eliza Dushku gave a lot of glamor to the show. It reminds me a bit of the series called Paradox but with way better plot and cast.
Back to top Go down

Torchwood Miracle Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Den :: Media Center :: Movies, Television, and Music Discussion :: Television Discussion-
Jump to: